In this article, we will discuss about how a person who has invested Rs. 10,000 in Wipro in 1980 turned to Rs. 1894 Crore in 2021.
- Rs. 10,000 invested in Wipro in 1980 turned to Rs. 500 Crore in 2017 (16/06/2017).
- Rs. 10,000 invested in Wipro in 1980 turned to Rs. 1894 Crore in 2021 (14/10/ 2021).
- Rs. 10,000 invested in Wipro in 1980 turned to Rs. 1032 Crore in 2023 (20/01/2023).
“Wealth is not created in a day, it is built through patience, discipline, and a long-term vision.” This quote highlights that creating wealth takes time and cannot be achieved overnight, it requires patience, self-control and a long-term perspective to build and achieve.
The above wealth was created through long term investment, shareholders got the benefits from the corporate actions like Bonus and stock split etc. Here we have not considered the return which earned through Dividends.
History of Wipro
Wipro Limited is an Indian multinational corporation that provides information technology, consulting and business process services. It is one of the largest IT services companies in India and is headquartered in Bengaluru, Karnatak.
- In 1945, Wipro was founded by Mohamed Premji as Western India Vegetable Products Limited, a manufacturer of vegetable and refined oils.
- In the 1970s, Wipro diversified into other areas such as soaps, baby care products, lighting, and healthcare products.
- In the 1980s, the company recognized the potential of the information technology (IT) industry and began to focus on providing IT services.
- Wipro was one of the first in India to offer software development and outsourcing services.
- The company quickly established itself as a leading player in the IT industry in India.
- Since then, Wipro has continued to expand its services and has grown to become one of the largest IT services companies in India.
- The company operates in several countries around the world and has a diversified portfolio of services including IT, consulting, and business process services.
- Wipro has been recognized for its commitment to corporate responsibility and sustainability.
Wipro’s journey shows how a company can adapt to market changes and capitalize on opportunities that present themselves, which is a key factor in its success. The company’s ability to diversify its business and move into new areas has helped it stay competitive and grow over the years.
History of Wipro Bonus and Stock Split
Wipro Limited has issued bonus shares and split its shares multiple times over the years. Here is a list of bonus and stock split of Wipro in its history of 1980-2019:
Why Start Investing Journey with Angel One?Angel One (formerly known as Angel Broking) is one of the largest full-service retail brokers in India offering online discount brokerage services.
❯ 25 years of trust (Incorporated in 1987) | 1 Cr+ Happy Customers
❯ Account Opening Charges - ₹0
❯ Brokerage on Equity Delivery - ₹0
❯ AMC (Account Maintenance Charges) for First Year - ₹0
❯ FREE Investing in Direct Mutual Funds through Angel Bee
Start Your Investing Journey Today ❯
➤ What are your waiting for?
|Wipro Investment growth|
|Year||Action (Bonus & Stock Split)||Number of Shares||Face Value|
|1980||Initial Investment||100||Rs. 100|
|1981||1:1 Bonus||200||Rs. 100|
|1985||1:1 Bonus||400||Rs. 100|
|1986||Stock split to FV Rs.10||4,000||Rs. 10|
|1987||1:1 Bonus||8,000||Rs. 10|
|1989||1:1 Bonus||16,000||Rs. 10|
|1992||1:1 Bonus||32,000||Rs. 10|
|1995||1:1 Bonus||64,000||Rs. 10|
|1997||2:1 Bonus||192,000||Rs. 10|
|1999||Stock split to FV Rs.2||960,000||Rs. 2|
|2004||2:1 Bonus||2,880,000||Rs. 2|
|2005||1:1 Bonus||5,760,000||Rs. 2|
|2010||2:3 Bonus||9,600,000||Rs. 2|
|2017||1:1 Bonus||19,200,000||Rs. 2|
|2019||1:3 Bonus||25,600,000||Rs. 2|
If someone invested Rs. 10,000 in Wipro in 1980, it turned to Rs. 500 Crore in 2017 (16/06/2017).
- On 16/06/2017, shares were 19,200,000 and stock price was Rs. 260.85.
- Rs.260.85× 1,92,00,000 = Rs. 5,008,320,000 i.e. about 500 crores.
If someone invested Rs. 10,000 in Wipro in 1980, it turned to Rs. 1894 Crore in 2021 (14/10/ 2021).
- On 14/10/ 2021, shares were 25,600,000 and stock price was Rs. 739.85.
- Rs.739.85 × 25,600,000 = Rs. 18,940,160,000 i.e. about 1894 crores.
What to Learn?
Step-1:❯ Acquire New Skills to Make Money E.g. Excel, Content Writing, Video Editing, Graphic Designing, etc.
Join Udemy ❯
How to Earn?
Step-2:❯ Whether You are a Student, Housewife or working professional, checkout these 20+ Best Ways to Earn Money.
Earn Money ❯
Where to Invest?
Step-3:❯ Start Your Investing Journey with India's #1 Full Service Retail Stock Broker. Open your FREE Demat & Trading Account Now.
Join Angel One ❯
If someone invested Rs. 10,000 in Wipro in 1980, it turned to Rs. 1032 Crore in 2023 (20/01/2023).
- On 20/01/2023, shares were 25,600,000 and stock price was Rs. 403.15.
- Rs.403.15 × 25,600,000 = Rs. 10,320,640,000 i.e. about 1032 crores.
The stock market is known for its volatility and unpredictability. While it can provide great returns over the long-term, it is difficult to predict short-term market movements. It’s important to remember that no one can predict the market with certainty.
It’s also important to remember that timing the market is very difficult and it’s impossible to know when is the best time to buy or sell shares. As a general rule, it’s usually better to invest for the long-term and not try to time the market.
That’s the reason we have taken 3 scenarios when someone might choose to sell their shares in the stock which is between Rs. 500 to 1894 crores.